Saturday, February 20, 2010

Texture Sandwiches







I got this lesson from http://kidsartists.blogspot.com and just had to make them with my 5th graders! The main focuss was on texture. I put out boxes of stuff and the kids had a great time stacking their sandwich items. First, we made the table cloth and plate. Next, we added the bun which is made from torn up cardboard, so that the ridges show. Then they had to fill the space between the buns! The kids had to be reminded that the items had to look like a food item. They couldn't just glue pink tissue paper on "just because."

7 comments:

  1. These are so fun! I love all the textures. I will definitely will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this project def one on the books! :) These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful...great use of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was from my blog (http://kidsartists.blogspot.com) ! Nice to see you did this lesson too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Glad jacquelien you let me know it came from your blog! i couldn't remember where i saw it!

    ReplyDelete